As the world’s leading food delivery search engine, FoodBoss connects prospective food delivery service buyers with food delivery service providers & third parties, such as restaurants. If we ever need additional personal information for a specific reason, we will tell you and ask for your permission. Also, to the extent that FoodBoss has links to other websites (like 3rd party delivery services or restaurants), please note that we do not own, operate, or control them, and they have their own controlling privacy policies that you should review.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to our support team through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will collect personal information when you use FoodBoss’ products, Site/s and associated services as part of the normal course of business. This Policy sets out how we collect and use personal information and your rights regarding our use of your personal information. FoodBoss works with 3rd party restaurant service vendors and prospective food delivery buyers, and this Policy applies to both. Examples include (but are not limited to) the following:
- For food delivery service buyers, this policy would apply to prospective buyers when you sign up for an account or download our mobile app;
- For 3rd party restaurant service vendors, it would apply when you create a free listing for your partner restaurant(s); create an account with us; and/or when you connect with a digital marketing expert or submit a query.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT & USE
FOR POTENTIAL FOOD DELIVERY SERVICE BUYERS:
“Personal information” is data that identifies, relates to, describes, can be used to contact, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to you. For purposes of this Policy, there is no meaningful distinction between the terms “personal information” and “personal data.”
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU.
As you visit or use FoodBoss’ products, we collect the following categories of personal information directly from you:
- Personal details (such as your name, age, birthday, gender);
- Contact information (such as email address, address, phone number), and professional information (such as job title, department, job role).
- Account information (such as login credentials, including email address and password, and account settings);
- Transaction information (such as when you place an order, your Services history and usage);
- Social media data (if you choose to link your FoodBoss account with a social media account, FoodBoss may collect personal information such as name, age, gender, photograph, and other personal information relating to your social media account);
- Communications you send us (such as questions, conversations, complaints, or other information that you may submit to our support team)
- Partner products & services offered on the services. Third parties, such as our partners, sponsors, or advertisers whose services are promoted or advertised on the Services, may request that you provide personal information. Please see How We Share Information in below for further details.
- Promotion information (if you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or similar campaign, we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity, such as photos, images, captions, or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time)
- Other information you may provide (including other information you provide about yourself or others through our Services or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms)
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that many of our products require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular Service or feature of that Service, you may not be able to use that Service or feature.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
When you use the Services, we (or our third party partners) may collect information about your device and usage of the Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
We may use a variety of technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect some of this information. Our use of Tracking Technologies is discussed in more detail in the Tracking Technologies section below.
We may use Tracking Technologies to automatically collect the information described below:
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP addresses for your devices, unique device identifiers, browser types, and browser language.
- User History: We may log certain usage information about your use of the Services, which may include a history of the pages you view. If you download and use any FoodBoss software or application on your device, the log files will automatically be collected by the application and sent to our servers when your device syncs up for the latest content available.
- Mobile/Location Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access the Services through a mobile device, for example we may collect your unique device identifier, your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, or your location when you opt in for us to do so. However the degree to which your location can be identified depends on the device you are using (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the internet (e.g. via cable broadband connection, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you enable location services for the Services we may collect your regional location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services. We may also collect your location information from your IP address or zip code.
We may also use location data internally or in conjunction with our third party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the device you use to access the Services (e.g. Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, etc.) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from the settings on your wireless device.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU IF YOU ARE A THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER.
As you visit or use FoodBoss’ products, we collect the following categories of business information directly from you:
- Personal information (such as your full name and contact details such as the name of your company, the state/county in which you are based, business email address, and your telephone number);
- Your website/s URL;
- Account information (such as login credentials, including email address and password, and account settings)
- Your interests (e.g. lead generation or advertising);
- Advertising channels (such as paid search & whether you use other advertising channels);
- Information about your business (such as restaurant, franchise or chain name, type of food/service, logo and menu description);
- Content you publish (such as content your publish in mediums provided by us, like the Blog);
- Photos of you/your business (such as when you add photos of your restaurant to your profile or link your social media account to your FoodBoss account);
- Promotion information (if you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or similar campaign we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity such as photos, images, captions, or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at the time)
- Information you provide so that we may invoice you, including your payment details and billing information; and
- Other information you provide when you communicate with us, including your full name, contact details and business email address, phone number and details of our communications.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTY SOURCES.
- Third Party Sources: From time to time we may obtain personal information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social networking services, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from third party sources include job title, company, location, updated contact information, and other demographic and professional information. We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including personal information we collect), to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use this information for certain activities/purposes (“Purposes”) including but not limited to:
- Fulfilling your requests, for example, to publish your listing and other submitted content, to provide you with details of leads (including their name, information about their business, software requirements and follow up next steps (e.g. request demo), and to invoice you appropriately;
- Managing your profile and listings;
- Sending you service emails (e.g. service announcements and messages relating to your account);
- Providing consultation services;
- Notifying you about special offers available from us, our affiliates or partners, which may be of interest to you;
- Sending marketing to business contacts regarding FoodBoss services and products which may be of interest and to promote our business and brand;
- Administering our services and website/s, investigating any complaints and providing customer service;
- Responding to your questions and requests and otherwise customize your digital markets experience;
- Resolving disputes;
- For internal analysis and research to help us to measure interest in and improve our services;
- Preventing prohibited or illegal activities;
- Communicate with you about your account or use of our Services, products, and/or functionality (e.g., soliciting reviews and feedback, sending alerts and notifications you have subscribed to, and administrative emails or other notices required by law); respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions; and otherwise provide customer service.
- Send you marketing communications, including communicating with you about services or products offered by FoodBoss, our group companies, or our business partners and other marketing communications that we believe you would be interested in, as permitted by law (see below for more detail on Electronic Communications and Your Choices and Rights)
- Operate and improve our Services and develop new products and services, including using analytics to better understand how you use our Services for purposes of product, website, application and service development and to enhance the user experience
- Process your payment information
- Tailor your experience with our Services, such as by making inferences or combining different pieces of information we have collected about you to offer better search results or otherwise tailor our Services to you according to your preferences or restrictions. For example, if you frequently select pizza as a cuisine type we may prioritize pizza in your search results or recommend alternative options nearby if your preferred restaurant is unavailable.
- Provide you more relevant advertising on and off our Services, including to show you personalized offers and advertising on and off our Services.
- Enforcing our policies; and
- As otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law. If you give your consent to any further use of personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Where we collect and use information for our legitimate interests as mentioned above, a legitimate interest will only apply when we consider that your interests or rights requiring protection of your personal information do not override our legitimate interests. For more information regarding our legitimate interests as applied to your personal information, please contact us.
Our Site/s and online Services are for individuals who are at least 12 years old. Our online services are not designed to be used by individuals under the age of 12.
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary: to respond to a lawful request from a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency; in the defense of legal claims or in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of any of our Site/s terms.
RECORDED COMMUNICATIONS WITH FOODBOSS
We may record calls for training, quality and research purposes. All recordings will be treated as confidential. If you do not want us to record your call, you will be given a chance to opt out. If your call is already in progress, you may ask us to turn off the recording at the start of the call.
PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION
When applicable, you may pay for FoodBoss products or services using your payment card and in such cases we will collect your personal data connected to your payment card. We use this personal data in order to process your payment and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of your consent to process this information.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- Sharing Information with Marketing Partners: FoodBoss selectively makes its postal mailing address list and email list, for customers in the United States, available to third party partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings, events or promotions, which may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt-Out.
- Third Party Event Sponsors: When you register for a FoodBoss event (including any webinars, Best of Restaurant Awards, etc.), we may share the information you provide, such as your name, company name, postal address and email address, with third parties who are sponsoring the event. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose, as described in greater detail in Your Choices/How to Opt Out section below.
- Mobile Carriers: If you access the Services through a device or app, we may share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
- Service Providers: Sometimes we need to share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support the Services and other business functions. For example, we use service providers to assist with the following: analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support, processing payments, delivering content, mailing statements to subscribers, email distribution, and providing customer service.
- Advertising Partners: We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share your personal information with them for this purpose. Please see more information in Your Choices/How to Opt Out section below.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. As directed by you or with your consent we may share your information with a third-party.
Your personal information will also be transferred to other third party organizations in certain scenarios (subject to applicable law):
- If we sell, purchase or transfer any part or all of our business or assets (including in bankruptcy), or in the event of another corporate change, in which case we may disclose your Information to the prospective seller, buyer or administrator of such business or assets including for pre-transaction review under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganized or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we are defending a legal claim, our property, our website/s or other users, Information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
- If there is an emergency which requires us to share your data or for the health and safety of our Site/s's users or the general public.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information about you (which does not contain any personal information) to develop content and services and further improve your digital markets experience.
YOUR CHOICES/HOW TO OPT OUT
- Opt-out Links: Any recipient of email notices may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each service update, newsletter, or promotional email, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Newsletters: You can view, change, or update any or all of your email newsletter subscriptions by going through the email preferences link in the footer of the email newsletter or contacting us at email@example.com.
- Marketing Emails: You can view, change, or update any or all of your email newsletter subscriptions by going through the email preferences link in the footer of the email newsletter or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surveys Sent by Email: You may elect not to receive surveys conducted by FoodBoss that are sent by email by using the opt-out link contained in such emails.
- Postal Addresses: FoodBoss collects postal mailing address information from you so that FoodBoss may fulfill the subscriptions and orders you submit and to inform you of FoodBoss programs, products, and services in which you may be interested. If you want to opt out of receiving marketing communications via postal mail from FoodBoss in the future, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by postal mail, we may continue to send you transactional communications about your subscription or orders by postal mail.
- Push Notifications: If you use a FoodBoss mobile app, we may ask if you want to receive push notifications so that we can send you updates, communications, and other messages about the Services. To opt out of getting these push notifications or other messages, you must turn off the push notification function in your device settings.
- Sharing with Third Party Partners: FoodBoss selectively makes its postal mailing address list and email list of customers available to third parties whose products or service offerings may be of interest to you. If you do not wish for FoodBoss to provide either your postal mailing or email information (or both) to third parties for this purpose, please send us a notice using the contact details provided in the Contact Us section at the beginning of this policy California Residents please also see section below. You can also specify that you do not want your email information shared with third party marketing partners by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Party Event Sponsors: If you do not wish for FoodBoss to share the information you supply when you register for an event (including any webinars and recognition dinners), such as your name, company name, postal address, or email address, with the event’s sponsors, please specify this in an email to email@example.com
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies: You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies and may not disable HTML5 storage. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here. To learn more about HTML5 storage, see section below. It is important to remember that many of FoodBoss’ services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, FoodBoss needs first-party cookies to log you in to the Services that require registration. In that case, you may set your browser to block third-party cookies and allow FoodBoss’ first-party cookies only.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Some third party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitor’s choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, at this time, FoodBoss does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements. Please note that the-opt out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
- Network Advertising Initiative: Some of our advertising service providers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. If you opt-out of receiving targeted ads in this manner, you will continue to receive advertising messages from us, but other members of the Network Advertising Initiative will not be able to target you based on your use of the Services and/or third party websites. If you would like more information about advertisers’ use of tracking technologies and about your option not to accept these cookies, click here. If you would like to learn more about how interest-based information is collected and to know your choices about not having your information used in this manner, click here.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
We ensure that the personal information we collect about you is accurate, complete and used for its intended purpose. You may access, review, correct and update your Information or close your account by contacting us by email on the contact details above. If you are a citizen of the European Union you also have the rights listed below. If you are a California resident, please refer to the section below for more detailed information on your rights under California law.
EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
In certain circumstances, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. A summary of each right and how you can exercise it is below. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Such requests should include information to allow us to verify your identity (e.g. your name, address, email address or other information reasonably required).
Where we receive your request to exercise one of these rights, we will respond without undue delay and within the time required by applicable law. This may be extended in certain circumstances, e.g. where requests are complex or numerous.
We will provide the information free of charge, except where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, e.g. because of their repetitive character. In these circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee or may refuse to act on the request. We will advise you of any fees prior to proceeding with a request. We may ask for additional information to verify your identity before carrying out a request.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law requires us to provide California residents with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of information we collect from and about users. Below are the categories of personal information we collect:
Identifiers (such as name and title, contact details, and company name);
Internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage);
Inference data about you; and
Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
Use of categories of personal information. We may disclose the categories of personal information identified above for our operational purposes where the use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which it was collected or processed, or for another compatible operational purpose.
Individual Rights. California law may provide you with certain rights and permit you to request the following:
Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you and for compliance with applicable law. If you ask us to delete certain information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-related DNT signals, as the industry is currently working toward a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, please click here.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law requires us to provide certain Nevada consumers the ability to opt out of the “sale” of “personally identifiable information” as such terms are defined under Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing email@example.com. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
We will retain your personal information for as long as required to perform the purposes for which the data was collected, depending on the legal basis for which that data was obtained and/or whether additional legal/regulatory obligations require us to retain it.
In general terms, this will mean that your personal information will be kept for the duration of our relationship with you and:
- the period required by tax and company laws and regulations; and
- as long as it is necessary for you to be able to bring a claim against us and for us to be able to defend ourselves against any legal claims. This will generally be the length of the relationship plus the length of any applicable statutory limitation period under local laws.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access. Despite these measures, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via our webSite/ss or apps. Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the security of your credentials used to access any Digital Markets service or account, and you must report suspected unauthorized activity to us.
We make reasonable efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need such access in order to operate, develop, improve, or deliver our programs, products, and services.
Cookies: “Cookies” give users a special ID, which are small text files that are stored in the memory of a user’s computer, mobile, e-reader, tablet or other device used to access the FoodBoss Applications (“Device”). FoodBoss employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges for certain locations on the Devices as well as to track site usage. Subscribers who do not accept cookies from the Devices cannot access many areas of the Devices. We use both “session ID cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session ID cookies are used to store information while a user is logged into the Devices and expire when the user closes his/her browser. Persistent cookies are used to make tasks like logging into the Devices easier for returning users by remembering a user’s login information. Persistent cookies stay on a user’s hard drive from one session to the next. “Flash cookies,” known as local shared objects, are data files placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device to personalize your visit. Our third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from standard browser cookies because of the amount of data, type of data, and how data is stored.
Web Beacons: Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Devices, to monitor how users navigate the Devices, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Devices, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Devices, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HTML5: We may use HTML5 in the Devices, including without limitation in FoodBoss mobile websites and certain mobile applications for the iPhone or iPad (and any other Apple iOS device). HTML5 has browser web storage that does not rely on traditional browser cookies. Like Flash cookies, HTML5 storage doesn’t use the browser “cookies” file. The ability of a user to disable HTML5 storage while simultaneously leaving cookies enabled is browser dependent.
E-tags/cache browsers/web logs: Like most standard website servers, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) and Device identification in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the Devices. We may track your movement within the Devices, the pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. This information may include the browser you are using, the Internet address from which you linked to our Devices, the operating system of your computer, the unique IP address of the computer or Device identification from the Device that you used to access our Devices and usage and browsing habits. We use this information in the aggregate to gauge the effectiveness, usage, and popularity of our Devices, track information for statistical purposes, help diagnose and troubleshoot server malfunctions, analyze trends, track user movement in the aggregate, and gather information. We may also use individual information we collect through web logs to send you targeted offers and other communications.
We provide links to other website/s or resources that are not part of the products, programs, or services run by FoodBoss. We do not control these website/s or their privacy practices, and any information you provide to these Site/s is subject to the privacy notices of those Site/s and not this Policy.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
From time to time, we may change and/or update this Policy. If this Policy changes in any way, we will post an updated version on the Site/s. We recommend you regularly review the Site/s to ensure that you are always aware of our information practices and any changes to such. Any changes to this Policy will go into effect on posting to this page.
Last Updated: March 2020